Sunday 2 August 2020 9:52 AM UTC
By A Staff Reporter
LONDON Aug 2: Air India has updated and released guidance on booking procedures for its evacuation flights under the Vande Bharath Mission and also travel advisory list once you are in India. Please see below the instructions which is applicable during the international lockdown period due to the Covid pandemic.
FAQs for Evacuation Flight Booking
Q To which destinations does Air India operate on Evacuation flights ex India?
A. Please refer to our Evacuation Flights Schedule under urlhttp://www.airindia.in/index.htm
Q Can I book my ticket for onward travel from the point of destination?
A Air India is providing only point to point travel. Any further travel onwards would need to be arranged by you separately.
Q How & where can I book my ticket for traveling from India on the Evacuation flights?
A Fresh ticket can be booked online through Air India website www.airindia.in and from Air India Booking offices and Air India Call Centre Call Centre Contact Nos: 1860-233-1407, 0124-264-1407, 020-2623-1407 and some flights are open to Travel Agents.
Q I am already holding an Air India ticket for the sector I want to travel on. Can I use the same?
A For passengers already holding valid Air India tickets (ticket numbers, starting with 098) for the sector of travel, an additional charge would be applicable. Please contact Air India Booking offices / Call Centre for further details and they will be happy to assist .
Q I already hold a Visa for the destination country. Can I travel?
A While you are holding a valid visa, each country has different restrictions for travel to their country. You are required to recheck with the regulatory website for mandatory requirements.
Q Is there any other documentation required by Air India for travel?
A You would also need to give an Undertaking / Self Declaration at the time of Booking / check-in. For details refer Air India website www.airindia.in
Q Do I need any additional clearance / pass to reach the airport?
A Normally your ticket should be sufficient permission for enabling travel to the airport. However, you, may check if there is any additional clearance required from the local District Authorities in your area.
Q What is the permissible baggage allowance?
A. You can carry one piece of Hand Baggage weighing not more than 7 kg and check-in baggage allowance as per your ticket.
Q What is the reporting time at the Airport?
A You are required to report at the Airport, at least 4 hours before the departure of the flight. The Check-in for the flight will close 60 minutes before departure time.
Q Do I need to do a Web Check-in ?
A Web Check-in is now mandatory . This can be done 48hours prior Departure, You may also use the facility of the Tele Check-in Chat Bot on our Website.
Vande Bharat Mission (VBM) Travel Advisory
1) I am flying into India. Can I fly on a connecting domestic flight?
A Passengers are required to mandatorily COMPLETE QUARANTINE AT THE FIRST PORT OF ENTRY before traveling onwards to their final destination.
Passengers must not book on same day connecting domestic flights.
Example: Flight AI 126 – CHICAGO – DELHI & onwards AI 473 – DELHI – BHUBANESWAR
2) Under which conditions shall I be quarantined at my final domestic destination?
A Passengers having onward connection on the domestic leg of an international flight under Vande Bharat Mission are permitted as under: –
1. Arriving from a Foreign Destination and going to their final destination in lndia on the same flight / aircraft and clearing BORDER FORMALITIES (Customs and lmmigrations) at the final destination within India. Example:VBM FLIGHT AI 1102 – NEW YORK – MUMBAI (FLIGHT OPERATING VIA DELHI)(SAME FLIGHT NUMBER / SAME AIRCRAFT – OPERATING – NEW YORK-DELHI-MUMBAI)
2. Arriving from a Foreign Destination, landing at Delhi / Mumbai and going to their final destination in lndia by different aircraft (Change of Equipment) under the same flight number via theInternational to International transfer, and clearing BORDER FORMALITIES (Customs andlmmigrations) at the final destination within India. Example:VBM FLIGHT AI 1142 – PARIS – DELHI – CHENNAI (FLIGHT OPERATING VIA DELHI)(SAME FLIGHT NUMBER / EQUIPMENT CHANGE SMALLER AIRCRAFT – OPERATING – PARIS –DELHI –CHENNAI)
3. Arriving from a Foreign Destination, landing at Delhi / Mumbai and desiring to go to their finaldestination in lndia by different international flight / aircraft, via the International to International transfer meaning from one VBM flight to another VBM flight and clearing BORDER FORMALITIES (Customs and lmmigrations) at the final destination within India.
Example: VBM Flt: – AI 188 operating Toronto – Delhi – Hyderabad & VBM Flt: – AI 126 operating Chicago – Delhi – Thiruvananthapuram
A) Passenger from Toronto can be booked – TORONTO – DELHI – THIRUVANANTHAPURAM VBM FLIGHT AI 188 – TORONTO – DELHI & VBM FLIGHT AI 126 DELHI – THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
B) Passenger from Chicago can be booked – CHICAGO – DELHI – HYDERABAD VBM FLIGHT AI 126 – CHICAGO – DELHI & VBM FLIGHT AI 188 DELHI – HYDERABAD
CLICK TO FOLLOW UKMALAYALEE.COM