Thursday 12 March 2020 3:12 AM UTC
New Delhi March 12: The Indian government has suspended all visas to India as the cases of coronavirus in the country sharply spiked and the World Health Organisation declared it a pandemic.
The Indian health ministry said all existing visas — except diplomatic, official, UN/International organisations, employment and project visas — will be suspended till April 15.
“This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure,” read a communique issued late tis evening after a meeting of a Group of Ministers headed by health minister Dr Harshvardhan.
Visa facilities had been partially suspended earlier from the COVID-19 nations, countries where the virus is on a rampage.
1. All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till 15th April 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
2. Visa free travel facility granted to OCI card holders is kept in abeyance till April 15th 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
3. Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reason may contact the nearest Indian Mission.
4. All incoming travelers, including Indians, arriving from or having visited China,Italy,Iran,Republic of Korea, France, Spain & Germany after 15th Feb, 2020 shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days.
The above will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure
5. Incoming travelers, including Indian nationals, are advised to avoid non-essential travel and are informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
6. Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return, they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
7. International traffic through land borders will be restricted to Designated check posts with robust screening facilities. These will be notified separately by M/o Home Affairs.
8. Provision for testing primarily for students/compassionate cases in #Italy Italy to be made and collection for samples to be organized accordingly.
Those tested negative will be allowed to travel and will be quarantined on arrival in India for 14 days. New Agencies
CLICK TO FOLLOW UKMALAYALEE.COM