Friday 10 July 2020 6:55 AM UTC
By A Staff Reporter
LONDON July 10: East Ham’s most popular Kerala restaurant, Udaya, known for providing authentic Keralan cuisine in London re-opens its doors to the public from today 10th July. The restaurant have been running solely as a take-away and delivery service since April due to the Covid outbreak.
Udaya have reviewed and redesigned their services both for dine-in and takeaway customers following the outbreak of the Covid pandemic. Udaya Kerala’s eat-in service will operate on a reservation basis only, until further notice.
As a further precaution, tables will be limited, in order to ensure social distancing. Telephone reservations can be made from today and online bookings will be available soon.
Customers can view Udaya’s menu at www.udayarestaurant.com and place their orders by calling 020 8470 7400. Online ordering will be available from later this month along with the launch of the Udaya App on both Apple & Google Play Store.
Udaya Restaurant has published the below rules for customers for them to adhere to following the UK government guidlines post the pandemic.
* Upon arrival we will record each guest’s temperature using a digital infrared thermometer. We will regretfully have to refuse entry to anyone with a fever/high temperature.
* A standing hand sanitiser will be located at the front door, for use by customers and staff.
* Handsfree washing technology has been installed in the washrooms.
* All crockery and cutlery will be washed at 90 degree celsius and sterilised.
* All surfaces and workstations will be frequently sanitised. High traffic areas & hot spots will be cleaned even more often.
* Table menus have been replaced with disposable single-use paper sheet menus.
* Staff will have their temperatures taken before each shift.
* All staff will handwash frequently.
* All staff will wear face visors, and PPE will be available.
* All payments will be contactless.
* You will be able to order to your table and pay via the Udaya app (available later this month).
CLICK TO FOLLOW UKMALAYALEE.COM